Apr 19, 2012

An Hour Later

What craziness. It's 3:45 am and I'm struggling to sleep. I couldn't sleep well yesterday and now too! This is too much. Maybe because it has been awhile since I wrote that all my creative juices (ew uwerk) are flowing that I find it hard to sleep.

I was really sleepy earlier though during the movie. I kinda slept with my eyes open. But suddenly something dawned upon me. I have almost always succumbed to peer pressure. Wanting what others want and realizing like "hey bukan juga aku mau tu barang ba" (translated: I didn't want it to begin with)...

 How many times have you gone through that? making a purchase and realizing you don't need it, going some place and realized you wasted fuel, squandering your resources so that you can have that temporary high from a new purchase? a new place? and much much later saying to yourself..."wuina matila saya punya poket ni kali" (my poor financing is gonna get the better of me one day) Take a breather the next time you feel like going on an impulse...ask yourself

"Do I really need this?"....(and no your turquoise blouse does not go well with orange fishnet stockings no matter how hard you try to convince yourself)..

 Start saving. You never know when you might need it for a rainy day. In all seriousness, rainy days do exist. A good savings would be a nice buffer when you're trying to get back on your feet. And if you still do want that money somewhere a charity of your choice would be nice. There's nothing like the feeling of GIVING to someone else.

You'd really feel good about yourself. There's an unspeakable joy that comes from knowing that you made a difference to someone's life for the better. If this move sounds selfish then screw you I think its phenomenal. I need TO SLEEP.

 Gnite for the last time (I hope)

No comments:

WHAT I LIVE BY

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~MARIANNE WILLIAMSON~