Aug 12, 2010

Ramadan Reflections Day 1.5

It's almost break fast.

I'm cooking some sort of Lamb Rice dish I concocted a couple of weeks ago. Jazzy seems to like so I decided to make it for Ayman's break fast today.

I'm really missing breaking my fast at home with my family. I've been away from my family for ages. I don't know when was the last time I broke my fast with them.

This year I'm making it a must to do so. I promised them I'd be back.

Seeing my nephews and nieces wolfing down food has always been something that made me smile.

They always had my back too. Nothing like being away from family to make you appreciate them more. Alhamdulillah for the bounty from Allah that makes me appreciate them and having friends who I appreciate and love, and reciprocate.

Well, I gotta go before I burn something.


Almost got the whole world in my hands. Ah well, completion is just around the corner :)

Later y'all..

Salam

No comments:

WHAT I LIVE BY

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~MARIANNE WILLIAMSON~