Jan 24, 2009

Karma.........what goes around comes around

Karma?

the law of karma, says only this: `for every event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the first, and this second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according as its cause was skillful or unskillful.' A skillful event is one that is not accompanied by craving, resistance or delusions; an unskillful event is one that is accompanied by any one of those things. (Events are not skillful in themselves, but are so called only in virtue of the mental events that occur with them.)
Therefore, the law of Karma teaches that responsibility for unskillful actions is born by the person who commits them.

Source: http://www.ncf.ca/freenet/rootdir/menus/sigs/religion/buddhism/introduction/truths/karma2.html

Basically, what goes around comes back around.

I’ve been thinking a lot lately. Not that I’ve decided to switch religions or anything just taking some teachings. And! as a matter of fact thinking is all I ever do now. The past years of my existence on earth has got me doing a lot of that. Aimless drifting and according to some speculated observation by my beloved, he said that I haven’t been doing enough of making myself aware and alert of my surroundings. It has truth to it, and truth does hurt sometime.


Reflecting was a favourite past time of mine. Now when I think about it, it’s a necessity, something that should be done in a daily basis. The biggest thing that has come to mind is the word trials and tribulations. At times I think it’s my karma biting me in the ass that shit happens.

Yes and 99% of the time, it is. 1% would be things that happen (not a fact but my opinion) to you because God just wants to test you and all because He thinks of you and wants you to be closer to Him. And of course, karma or test that bites you on the tush isn’t a pleasant feeling at all. It’s painful. In Islam, illness, pain or anything of the sort is a way for one to wash away one’s sin (Dear God, based on how much it hurts, I must have really sinned). In addition, I think that pain is to have us appreciate the joy to come.

Another thing that I’ve remembered (I’m sorry I read this somewhere but forgot where I got it from) is that the God/universe/or whom/whatever has a way of educating us, before we’re prepared for the next level, and until then, before we learn from the previous pain, we will always go through the same exact cycle of pain before we advance. I mean, I remember going through this an eon ago when I broke up with someone I loved. But it didn’t really stick because I didn’t really love him that much. So guess what? In order for memory retention the pain is heightened at this break up for me. And why I remember better? Well, you do the math. The variables are all here.
Kind of makes you want to pay attention to life doesn’t it?

Come to think of it, better pay now than later. And I guess God is helping me achieve that. Funnily enough, I feel very blessed at this point of time, 7:37 am to be exact. Why the urgency in self discovery? I’m not getting any younger and all this while I’ve been sculpting myself to fit what society wants me to be until I forget who I am. So there’s a lot of catching up to do. 28 years to be exact. I kind of want to know who I am before I get married.

One scares me the most is this information I got from Oprah that said that whatever we have as adults, as parents, we pass it on to our kids, regardless of how we hide it, the insecurities, the self-esteem issues, ALL OF IT. Wow not only we pass our bad genes that by the power of interracial marriages can be eliminated, we can also pass on our negative vibes. MY GOD. Isn’t that educational? I think I have gone through enough to not pass it on to my children.

ENLIGHTENING! Fearfully enlightening! LOL in the flipside I also started doing some work with people on getting them to where they want to go in life. Suddenly my life started changing for me. I am happy that it has.

Guess what, we’re back together too. I’m super grateful. I learnt that to get back for yourself you need to give some or all to others as well. *bliss* Oprah said this too. Here here for Oprah!

No comments:

WHAT I LIVE BY

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~MARIANNE WILLIAMSON~