Jan 24, 2009

URGENCY in LOVE

I googled love jones because I was thinking about him. Suddenly this quote popped out from the actual movie LOVE JONES (1997):-

Nina Mosley: You always want what you want when you want it. Why is everything so urgent with you?
Darius Lovehall: Let me tell you somethin'. This here, right now, at this very moment, is all that matters to me. I love you. That's urgent like a motherfu*ker.

Another conversation that reminded me of urgency was the one I had with Buq, a good friend of mine. The way he puts it, it made me see urgency like a trigger that you need to constantly pull. Whatever pops into your head/gut, just do it. Because a past moment will never return, so is an idea, what I discovered by urgency I get full satisfaction of saying what I need to say and build up confidence as I go along.

I address my issues on the spot and I don't let my brain store any negative memories, I notice supressed angst or disatisfaction is like a poison that could contribute in sabotaging my relationships and in the end sabotage myself. Essentially, I use my time to the fullest and constantly be present. I am a person of action..

I'm always talking about not wasting energy, water, money and what nots, but what about time? isn't that a valuable commodity as well?

So that's what I do always now. Tell the people I love I love them everyday, coz I don't know when I get the chance to say it again and it's just not by saying I love you but by making a difrerence in their lives as well. When I think about it, communicating honestly and truthfully is the only way to go. No second guessing, hesitating, and of course being urgent about it...

Coz it is, urgent like a motherf*cker :)

Remember you don't have tomorrow..You only have today...this moment. What are you waiting for?

No comments:

WHAT I LIVE BY

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~MARIANNE WILLIAMSON~