Sep 21, 2008

Fioner's birthday!!!

1/3rds of a cigarette I decided to write something light, I have a couple of drafts of stuff I wrote but I just couldn't bring myself to finish them. Writer's block probably. Ever since I decided to write something to represent my adventures of turning over a new leaf, I feel pressured. LOL Insyallah I will finish them soon non the less. hehe.

Well I was quite shocked to get Fi's message saying that she planned her birthday on the last minute. I cancelled all my plans and decided hey, one needs to pull through for a buddy.

I was very happy with the spread. Especially when I saw the mashed potatoes. Hehe. I was craving for it since forever. I was ecstatic as well because it meant that I will be seeing some of my old friends that I have not hung out with for ages.

Good food, good company, there was also of what I noticed a patch of severed ties as well. That was monumental. I couldn't help but feel happy that they did. I won't mention names but it was good to see these two old friends talk again. As much as I hate to admit it, these two clowns have been with me since day 1 of university days and how can I not get choked up at the sight? :,-)

We had a good round of cho tai di which Jeff and G kept winning. I keep thinking that the card game was rigged :P. I even got to fix Uncle's guitar. Kinda weird sounds tho coz it was a mixture of strings. lol Never the less it was a good time.

No comments:

WHAT I LIVE BY

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~MARIANNE WILLIAMSON~