Oct 4, 2012

BALLS TO DO IT.

A lot of the times, or maybe most of the times, maybe for some never, have allowed people to get under their skin or their own fear to overwhelm them.

I often ask myself, what I would do if I was not afraid? If society's words, criticism and judgment did not matter, who would I become?

I'm someone who always gets affected by what people say and mostly and always wanting to blend in.I love that about me. That means I do care. And having that matters. But sometimes I have learned  that I need to draw the line between people's perspective of me and what I care about in my life, what I feel my true purpose is without the constraints of judgement and the courage to shine. SHINE BRIGHTLY.

It's not easy being someone who was trained to respect authority. It didn't really work. I've always had this independent streak in me. And a certain kind of pride. I sound like I'm rambling now. lol

But whatever it is, I've wasted too much time in caring about people's judgments and not caring about what I truly want.

It doesn't matter anyway. Why would it matter? It is my life after all. It is your life to live.

I would want to be in my death bed saying, hey I did it. I did everything that I set out in this life to do and boy am I proud of myself. That's what I wanna tell myself. I want to be smiling and happy knowing that fact. That I had the balls to do it and to do it WOW.

Now that I have that out of the side, I'm thinking of how I'm going to go about realizing my dream. One thing that I have found a bit of a drag is the fact that I always want to be financially secure and my belief is that a good solid job is something that is secure. Who's to say being a singer, writer, poet, composer, artist or performer cannot rake in money?

I want to do what I am passionate about before it's too late.

And I'm going to do it now.

No comments:

WHAT I LIVE BY

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~MARIANNE WILLIAMSON~