Apr 19, 2012

GOING DOWN MEMORY LANE

I was going through some of my old posts and drafts and realised that it was very lovey-dovey. *barf*

A lot of hurt too.

And a lot of STUPID. I was rather ashamed of what I was reading. Ashamed at how willing I was to thrive through a dying relationship. It was right in my face and I refused to see it.

I remembered those trying times. My mother had just passed away. I guess I needed someone to love me so bad I was willing to do whatever it took for me to simply have someone.

God forbid that my ex would read what these fingers type but goodness me what possessed me to date a bully like him defeats even me because we're friends now and went through the bygones be bygones thingy.

I am however SO GLAD I am over the seeking approval phase.

I learn that from the one I'm currently seeing. My awesomest person.

But our relationship has it's ups and downs. Which relationship doesn't?

Okay I'm kind of side tracking but seriously....

The best thing about going down memory lane for me is that I get to compare how I was before and how I am now as a person.

Don't get me wrong.

I love PAST me. Good and bad. But PRESENT me is pretty awesome. I have better self-respect and won't take crap. I speak up and say my mind. I don't let my environment get me down.

I am the master of my ship.

What a good way to start fresh with my blog.


No comments:

WHAT I LIVE BY

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~MARIANNE WILLIAMSON~