Sep 12, 2008

The spiritual walk

When I went with Faslin to KLCC, Alhamdulillah I had the time of my life. I never realized that I could find such an affinity in such a short notice. She was strong, bubbly, fun and very open. We went shopping, testing out perfumes, books, etc.

As we sat at the rack where they displayed Islamic books we started talking about our loves. Or rather, unrequitted loves? Allahualam.

Previously before I came I was sourcing for something to make me happy. Surprise surprise. God loves me! There in front of me was You Can Be The Happiest Woman In The World, A Treasure Chest Reminders by Dr. Aid al-Qarni.

I can't say much but it's the best read I've had so far and I'm not even half way through it!! It really helps me deal with the complicated being which is I, digging into the roots of how women think and how to breakthrough from some habits (jealousy, anger, moodiness, anxiety...etc) in accordance to Islam.

I notice it keeps mentioning chastity in the hijab (head gear). Wow. Well...slow and steady wins the race. LOL

Before I decide to cover my head I need to stop being a smoke engine. :P

I shall not ruin your experience any further.

READ THE BOOK!

Can't wait to go out with Faslin again!

No comments:

WHAT I LIVE BY

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~MARIANNE WILLIAMSON~