Aug 15, 2008

Define

According to princeton.edu the word define is a a concise explanation of the meaning of a word or phrase or symbol.

I've been struggling with this word for quite some time now.

But when my right brain (in charge of creativity) does the talking it gives new light on the word and to my world.

Whatever a word/action means is up to you to give definition to it.

My friend and mentor I would call her Thevi (she's a great hypnotherapist if you ever need the assistance don't hesitate to c-box me for her contact details..lol) she says that words mean nothing.

You give meaning to the word.

She gave an example of a table. The table has meaning to it when you put plates to it hence becoming a dining table.

It reminds me of my little project that I was proud of (didn't involve any building on my behalf though) of using a coffee table and a full length mirror and turning it into a dressing table. :)

She's spot on. When one gives meaning to something it does not allow any space for evolution or creation of the new. When there is already something eg. meaning, it closes possibilities.

And these are possibilities to any area of your life.

Let's dig in deeper to this and give something which I believe is much closer to home to everyone and seriously something that we all deeply yearn and crave for.

LOVE.

Do you notice at times how you put certain meanings to the word? For instance, love is when you get flowers, or love is when you give it time to grow. I'm not saying that what I just said isn't love. But rather, narrowing your chances of seeing other possibilites of how love can be. You can get food on your plate that's provided by the person who loves you out of an ACT of love and fall in love at first sight too, right?

So? I mean at the end of the day you realize that effort is wasted in giving meaning to things that aren't actually true and by blocking that one vein that counts the most.

Your Heart. :)

You don't have to beat yourself for it. I know I have and yea it's a waste of energy and time.

I live to make a difference.

W0o0ot W0o0o0ot.... :)

Just food for thought really.

No comments:

WHAT I LIVE BY

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~MARIANNE WILLIAMSON~