Oct 2, 2012

BE FREE

I used to sleep with my stationery. (NO.....not that kind of sleep).

My knack for writing has withered. Maybe it's because I already have this set way of how I want it to look like or what to write versus allowing myself to express freely.

Speaking of freedom. On a crazy night out with my nephews, Din said something to me which triggered something in my heart..

BE FREE.

I kind of forgot how it feels like to just write whatever it was I wanted to write, sing or dance and to just be myself.

Growing up does have it's issues. I forget and suppress everything it is about me till I lose myself just so I can cater to society and it's expectations.

I never knew those two words could be so powerful.

Kids don't care about these kinda ridiculous things. The Little Prince was cool with being who he was. (Antoine has indirect speech on lockdown yo).

I remembered how I was like...so full of life and vibrance. So many questions. So many dance moves. So many stories...and so many songs.

I need to bring her back.

I need to bring BABY(my nickname as a child) back.

And then we can rule the world.

If ever I am to be rigid about something this is it.

We're coming back with a vengeance.

No comments:

WHAT I LIVE BY

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~MARIANNE WILLIAMSON~