Dec 16, 2008

What's on my mind in the AM

I don't think anyone could ever understand the pains of losing one's mother. I know some talk about not being able to be close to her, but I rather have that than losing her forever, but when I think about it it's not forever, it's just for awhile. I'm glad for my mortality.

The awareness of my mortality has given me the urgency to have changes in my life. DRASTIC changes...

To have a scholarship named after her...and to be rich enough to be able to give one out...

In memory of her. Of how important the pursuit of knowledge was. When I think about how many people in the world who would die to have such an opportunity to have their future changed by some help, it drives me even more to have this cause become a reality. And remembering that books were more important than Barbie Dolls.

Books were and still are my toys. A way to travel out of my space into the lives of others, experiences and places. Wouldn't it be good to instill these values to our future generation? Passion for books?

I know it sounds passe, but has any changes happened in the last decade? So busy with video games and computers, that no one enjoys a good book nowadays. Maybe I like the smell of newly printed pages, the feel of turning the page against my fingers, the discovery of words and best of all, different ways of expressing one's feelings and figuring out a way on how to get the person to open up. I've been told I had a problem with doing that. :P

Anyways, maybe I'm old fashioned, but then again it could be a grand idea to merge passion for books with technology...besides e-books, what could be next? something interactive that we all could enjoy and really immerse ourselves into the characters, story, information etc...

Instead of just seeing a graph it shows someone explaining the graph to you until you get it and some questions included so that you can practice =)...

Imagine having this kind of technology on your mobile...Studying on the go. And affordable to the general public. You wouldn't have to lug your laptop everywhere you go.

K-Mobile..Knowledge mobile? something to give a serious think about...

This could be the idea God wanted me to produce, given the fact that he let me be in relationship 3 people from telecommunications (all not working!), maybe now he can give me a lawyer or a doctor or something... :P psychologist perhaps....help me heal the scarring lolol...

Anyways I just needed to vent. And suddenly this idea pops up. Who knows what'll happen...

MEH

No comments:

WHAT I LIVE BY

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~MARIANNE WILLIAMSON~