Dec 25, 2008

Law of Attraction - Attracting Positives Breaking the Habit of Attracting Negatives By Phylameana lila Desy, About.com

me: Here's something for the New Year guys, have fun and enjoy and LIVE YOUR LIFE! =)

There is a trick to the Law of Attraction. This trick is not really as magical as one might imagine. We attract the things that we focus on. When we focus on not having enough that thought form supports the "lack of" we routinely experience.

We are forever reminded to use affirmations and to keep our thoughts positive but Feeling Sorry for Myself continues to be the mantra of many people.

Sick of the n'ts in Your Vocabulary?

We are bombarded with repetitive negative phrases in our thinking such as I just can't get ahead, I couldn't dodge the bullet, I won't be the winner, I don't have enough, etc. etc. Are you guilty of continuously repeating negatives either in thoughts or words? Is your negative mind set pretty much representative of your current life situation? If your answer is YES, then Congratulations! You are living proof that the law of attraction works. You are a champion at attracting negatives.

Breaking the Habit of Attracting Negatives

Why do we focus on our illnesses, our low-paying jobs, and our less than fulfilling relationships? We do so out of habit. Breaking the "attracting negatives" habit, just like any other bad habit will take some effort on your part. Especially so, if you have been dwelling on the negatives for years. Your parents might have taught you this behavior by being the role model of "criticism" or "negative language." If this is so, then they are likely mirroring behavior they learned from their parents, and so on back through the generations. Isn't it time to break this negative cycle?.... urr rather, in postitive terms -- IT IS time to break the cycle.

I too struggle with "negatives" in my life. I sometimes think Worry Wart has taken up permanent lodging in my guest room. I should say "unwelcome" guest room. Unwelcome guests in your life may be Unlucky Lucy, Loser Larry or Barb Bites. I'm certain you can name others. But let's not! Let's turn our negatives into positives and begin attracting welcome guests such as Lucky Lonnie, Smart Sam, and Happy Harriet. A simple way that you can put materializing positives into motion is to busy your hands with creating positive images for your eyes/mind to focus on.

Attracting Positives

Several years ago I created my first manifesting scrapbook. I filled the pages with affirmations and clippings of pictures that depicited the things that I wished to have materialize into my life. I spent about a week creating the various pages in the book. Then I put the book away on my bookshelf and basically forgot about it. About six months later my daughter gave me a butterfly wind chime on my birthday. Another friend of mine stopped by with an angel candle holder. Neither my friend, nor my daughter knew about my manifestation book. I had never told my daughter that I wanted a new wind chime for our back portch, let alone that I had pasted a similar butterfly wind chime in my wish book. But, sure enough, both items (wind chime and angel) were pasted in the scrapbook. The items were not exactly the same but pretty darn close. Amazing. That's when I started pasting more and more stuff that I wanted into my manifesting scrapbook.

Creating Your Own Manifesting Scrapbook

The instructions for creating your very own manifesting book are very basic. Choose affirmative words and colorful pictures clipped from magazines. Your words and images will tell stories about what you cherish most about your life. You will also want to include the things which you wish to attract into your life. Create as many pages as you like in your manifestation scrapbook. Be sure to include photos of friends, pets, and family. Supplies needed are simple: scissors, paper, glue, magazine clippings, and favorite photos. This art project is a fun way to focus on the things that bring you joy, wellness, prosperity, and more. View sample pages for your manifesting picture book.

SOURCE: http://healing.about.com/od/positivethought/a/attractpositive.htm

No comments:

WHAT I LIVE BY

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~MARIANNE WILLIAMSON~