Dec 22, 2008

2009

170th post and what do I want to talk about?

As the 2009 looms, leaving 7 days to 2008, there are so many things that LIFE gave me through out this year. NEW FRIENDS, NEW EXPERIENCES, AND LOVE. 2008 was not much of a career year for me, rather a year of reflection and thinking about what I want to do for the rest of my life, it was for me to take a pit stop and really LOOK at, what I wanted to accomplish, my legacy.

I went on to reflect about how my relationships were with my family, my friends, and myself. It dawned upon me that as I thought I knew a lot there is to know about life, there was so much more to learn. Keeping humble about knowledge was so not my cup of tea until the recent turn of events that I shall conceal to myself.

When I went through it, I thought my whole world was going to fall apart, but I had my angels in the form of my nieces, friends whom I've grown to call my family, that supported me with whatever I wanted to do.

Given the time of reflection I have, one thing that I fared out of this year was the importance of keeping a positive mental image. I acknowledged I slacked in that area that matters most (health of mind) and now I have to pay for the consequences. And to top it off I was really carrying emotional baggage that I thought I have already handled. One cannot depend on another to fill the void, whatever void it may be. It's up to me really if I want change to happen.

I've also learnt to listen to what I want, take a step back and THINK about what matters to me. My hopes, aspirations and dreams. To really LISTEN instead of getting sucked into the ideal image of what I am supposed to be.

I'm taking a time off from delusional behaviour, and go soul searching....

wish me luck.

2009 is where dreams come true.

All of it.

No comments:

WHAT I LIVE BY

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~MARIANNE WILLIAMSON~