May 5, 2008

Show me campaign

John Legend travels to Mbola to help people in need


So okay I might be a bit bias towards this campaign because my all time favourite performer/singer John Legend is endorsing it but seriously when was the last time you thought about people outside of your family and group of friends?

If the video takes too long to upload let me give everyone a brief summary of what the show me campaign is.

It's to eradicate extreme poverty. In the video it shows John Legend helping out the community in Mbola by ensuring their basic neccessities are met. Some of the items include mosquito nets, free food in schools, clinics that include sufficient supplies of drugs for treatment, clean water etc.

I'm declaring today that I'll be doing community service once a month. Why not you too?

Be in support of your community around u :)


God bless.

No comments:

WHAT I LIVE BY

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~MARIANNE WILLIAMSON~