Oct 8, 2009

Out with the old and In with the NEW!

This has been my campaign slogan for the last couple of weeks. Actually it has been around for awhile but it only surfaced when I was in dire need of something different to happen to my life. Thus...

HOUSEKEEPING!

I never knew I had so much junk! Holy crap! and as I was unearthing the relics (not to mention the amount of amazonian dust bunnies that were hidden under the cupboards) I finally opened my eyes to the pig sty that was my home.

No wonder my life as I see it is in such a mess.

A couple of days earlier my communication was slurred, I felt an invisible hump from the low self esteem I was experiencing from my break up (Yethhhhhhh Master.....*drags leg*) and the dust that was everywhere.

As I began getting rid of the items that I did not need (excess), I felt as if there was a burden that was lifted from my shoulder.

Actually I have been told this a long time ago. But due to my carefree ways I did not heed the fair advice of my friend Sharifah Mezwari and instead took the same ol loop of destruction.

Now when I have started cleaning my house, giving away stuff that I did not need, I noticed my mind became clearer, and I was starting to become very certain of who I was, my identity. I used to be conscious about who I was as a person, how people perceived me and all that jazz. And at this point of epiphany recently a friend of mine said to me "How come you're so loud?" And I just snapped and said "This is me. Take it or leave it."

Who knew that getting rid of old stuff would lead to getting rid of bad habits too?

And I noticed as I progressed a lot of things that I have wanted are starting to take place.

My mind is becoming clearer and finally my path is too.

At any cost, this shall be part of my routine until I die...and one thing I've learnt is, nothing better to kick depression to the curb than good old housekeeping.

Clean environment equals to clear mind and sound body and soul.

So the next time you want some adventure, start by doing something different with your space.

You never know what new treasures in the form of people and things await you! :)

No comments:

WHAT I LIVE BY

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~MARIANNE WILLIAMSON~