Sep 27, 2008

Just the way I am

This is a letter to myself therefore don't be freaked out and think I've lost it. It can be quite therapeutic and has been practiced in the coaching world for years now. Hopefully my readers will learn as much from this experience as I will.

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim..Here goes.

Dear Ari,

I know that you're hurting and you've been hurt a lot of times before in your life. I understand that life has been a hard journey for you. My darling, it's only lessons for you to learn that there are some things that are beyond your control. You don't have to spend time to seek approval from others but your own. Advice is commendable, approval isn't. The only person that you should want approval from is yourself.

I know that at times just to be accepted you hold back the truth and not tell the person how you truly feel for fear of being dejected. It's normal. Everyone goes through that. I know we've gone through a lot of times where only when you are successful, then you will feel loved. But know this, regardless of what happens to you, and what you do, I still love you. Have courage to live your life to the full and that also means speaking your mind constantly. The worst thing you can do is be dishonest to the people around you, and also yourself. At the end of the day we all lose out.

And I have unwaivering faith that you will champion this. Don't be afraid of making mistakes, because mistakes are lessons in life to help you grow. Be okay with making mistakes, because the fear of it is where you really lose out. Always be aware of what you are doing, and what you are doing to another person, in that awareness, presence and focus, you will be happy. Believe me.

Go 100% on this. I know love is scary to you sometimes. Don't be afraid of a little pain, because true love is waiting on the other side. It's okay to be afraid. But know that, there is something far more important than it.

Believe in your dreams, trust yourself and go for it!!

YOU CAN DO IT

Love you with all my heart,

Ari.

No comments:

WHAT I LIVE BY

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~MARIANNE WILLIAMSON~